explorer.exe there is not enough free memory to run this program appcrash 1103
I am in my bid to make things right, hit a complete wall( I can't do most anything on my machine anymore. I tried the fix suggested in the second post on this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/7d86ec7e-2db9-44ec-a08c-051678b8a1a5 and somehow created more issues. Now, I can't seem to open anything, not even msconfig. I keep getting the error that there is not enough memory which I know is not true because I have about 8GB of ram on this machine. I am unable to open even windows explorer, ie. nothing. Help!!!None
May 13th, 2010 4:09am

Anyone have a possible solution to this problem or even a way to revert my Windows 2008 to initial install state without having access to windows explorer or any drive?None
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2010 8:19pm

>>>there is not enough memory which I know is not true because I have about 8GB of ram on this machine Having 8GB of RAM in itself, does not prove you have enough available memory. User Perfmon / System Monitor from another machine. Setup a performance monitor for the problem machine or the counter Memory...Available MBytes. The report back that value. If its more than 500MB then you are good, but if it is lower, you do have memory issues. Use the Process...Working Set Peak for ALL processes listed on the Right (DO NOT USE _TOTAL). This should look at the histograph, and check the processes that have extreemly high memory usage. This should get you going on identifying the problem process. Try to kill it, stop it, or configure it not to run on reboot, etc.
May 13th, 2010 9:20pm

Using Performance monitor on the same machine ( Windows Task Manager), I was able to collect the following Result from Performance Monitoring Physical Memory Total - 8191 Cached - 5432 Available - 7237 Free - 1850 Kernel Memory Paged - 196 NonPaged - 111 System Handles - 6180 Threads - 244 Processes - 26 Commit - 1/15None
May 13th, 2010 9:44pm

Hi , Please provide more details which would help understanding your problem. OS = windows 2008 64 bit ? Are you able to login to server ?, After logging what are the operation you are trying to perform and which are failing ? Was this working before or is this issue happening on fresh installation ? If its fresh installation , can you confirm if this windows 2008 server installed using CD ? or image? Touching memory would be at later part for which we need to understand the process --> thread and the virtual memory which support these .
May 14th, 2010 6:06am

OS = Windows 2008 R2 64 bit Yes, I am able to login to my server with no problems. When logged in, opening of Windows Explorer, MsConfig, and essentially most of Windows related tools fail. Unable to install any .NET dependent tools. Unable to access IE. Can't open msconfig, files etc. This all worked with some exceptions right after install, and the install was made using CD. MSI Installer for one kept crashing whenever I tried to install new tools. IE as well. But while trying to fix these and other things, I think other problems were created and so on. Right now there are about 8GB of memory installed on this machine.None
May 14th, 2010 3:34pm

Hi, Does the issue occur right after you logon the machine? Does the issue persist if you unplug the network cable? Does the issue persist if you boot into Safe Mode? In addition, I suggest that you perform a virus scan. Hope the information is helpful.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
May 18th, 2010 12:04pm

To answer your questions, I am able to login to the machine with no problem. It is not currently on the network and the issue persists even in safe mode. I did perform a virus scan as you suggested and it came up clean. What else can I do? I have not been able to use my machine for about a week now as a result of this issue. Is there anyway I can overwrite the version of windows on the machine with no problem? I tried running the Windows 7 install again but got an error indicating the install could not access the drives on my computer.None
May 19th, 2010 8:06am

I think I'm having a very similar problem. http://screencast.com/t/Zjc4MjFlNzMt Server 2K8. 64 bit. The problem occurred after I tried to changed the permissions on that folder from a remote machine via the Window Share. I haven't tried a reboot yet... I hope that clears things up.Regards, Mike DePouw
July 24th, 2010 6:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics