every 2 days I have to reboot SBS 2008R2 becausenetwork is lost
Originally everything worked just fine. Then, about October it spontaneously started losing its ability to talk to the internet, and the other computers in our office lan (peer, not DNS or DHCP) couldn't see the server. Solution: reboot the server. Problem: this happens every 2 days, like clockwork. Any ideas? I am using the router as the DHCP, and that has worked fine for over a decade. Not a problem with the router, I believe, because it goes away when the server is rebooted. Presto! everybody can talk to the server again, and it can get on the internet, no problem. for 2 more days... My best guess is that something happened during a software update, but I can't pin it down. ideas? suggestions?. Thanks! John Morris
December 5th, 2012 2:03am

Hello, I suggest you check event viewer once, Thorough checking of event viewer give us a clue to troubleshoot the issue. was there any error/warning events recorded for this issue? If so post them here. Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 5th, 2012 3:36am

Hi, You can check newest driver, windows updates and hardware firmwares. Scan your server against viruses and malwares. Is there any scheduled job works at mentioned schedule? Baris Kayaturk www.kayaturk.net
December 5th, 2012 6:24am

Hello, I suggest you check event viewer once, Thorough checking of event viewer give us a clue to troubleshoot the issue. was there any error/warning events recorded for this issue? If so post them here. Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 5th, 2012 11:25am

Hi, You can check newest driver, windows updates and hardware firmwares. Scan your server against viruses and malwares. Is there any scheduled job works at mentioned schedule? Baris Kayaturk www.kayaturk.net
December 5th, 2012 2:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics