event log id: 1002 application hang
hello,The last days i receive in event log viewer the below error message:event id: 1002 application error Hanging application mmc.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.O.S. is windows 2003 server R2 x32. There is also a DC installed.I've checked post http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/thread/3ad21fb8-b667-4ac7-8fa0-04c8c3ae8e50/but seems issue didn't solve. Does anyone solve this? Is there a fix available?Thanks in advance
September 18th, 2009 4:29pm

What service pack levelis the OS at?i thinkyou have installed the latest service pack to resolve this issueDeva Try hard to get what u like (or) you will be forced to like what u get"
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 18th, 2009 4:48pm

Hello Deva & thanks for you reply, The service pack version is already 2. Although, after sp2 we haven't installed any other microsoft hotfixes. Issue seems appearing in randomly times in event log viewer. Tell me if you need any other information. Thanks Mike
September 19th, 2009 9:01am

Hi MichAs well, did you delete the hotfix cache %WINDIR%\$hf_mig$\KB*. This will make a big difference because SP2 is checking to see if it needs to reapply any of those cached updates. The installer will actually try to re-install those hotfixes from that cache. So even if you re-installed KB's listed in the log file, you are just reinstalling back info from the cache.Just curious, Please use to login in Administrator accoung on your server.also seen this article:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798DevaTry hard to get what u like (or) you will be forced to like what u get"
September 19th, 2009 1:34pm

upgraded to MMC v3 and check it.
September 19th, 2009 2:14pm

Hello D, Thanks for the answers. Deva, you are correct as hotfix cache is cleaned. Hari B upgrade to MMC v3 failed as SP2 is already installed and MMC release date (3/13/2006 ) is older. I'll to enable windows updates in order to install further MS hotfixes that might missing. Currently i'm logging with Administrator account. Thanks both.
September 21st, 2009 2:32pm

Still the problem persist ??Try hard to get what u like (or) you will be forced to like what u get"
September 21st, 2009 3:04pm

hi Mich.acan you please tell us what is the behavior you see in order to get the MMC hang ?is that you open mmc and does your application gets hang ? or entire system sytem gets hang due to the mmc ?sainath !analyze
September 22nd, 2009 4:39am

Hi, I have the same problem. Same environment. Windows 2003 SP2 R2, it is a DC. The problem, in my case, occurs to some users that access MMC to administer users, GPO, etc. They access the server by RDP. The only thing that hungs is the MMC, and it close suddenly logging the event 1002. The server is updated with last hot fixes, drivers, firmware, and BIOS. Any help?
December 2nd, 2010 2:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics