error installing Longhorn Server beta 2
I boot off ofDVD and start clicking through the options. I click install now and get aWindows Setup error saying: "The file Winsetup.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup can not continue. Error code is [1114]." The DVD I am using is from TechNet. I have used the DVD to create an ISO file which I was able to use to install Longhorn on a Microsoft Virtual Server VM (which ultimately did not function anyway). So, I don't think the disk is bad. I am now attempting to install to a Dell Optiplex GX150 with a Pentium 3 933Mhz CPU and 256MB RAM. Do you have any idea why I would get this error or what I can do to get around it?
August 17th, 2006 3:07am

A few questions...what build version is the DVD fromTechNet?What type of system is this being installed on? X86, X64, IA64? Youmentionedyou were going toinstallon aGX150 w/256MB RAM.You'llneed at least 512MB.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2006 8:30pm

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that RAM limit. It's beena while now, but I think my post was in regard to the GX150; so, that's an x86. So, I think that's my answer. It's not going to happen on this hardware. Not sure about build, setup.exe is version 6.0.5384.4. Is that 5384 the build? Does this mean that there's more than one build number for the same product number?
November 3rd, 2006 1:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics