error 1069: The service did not start due to logon problems

The local sql server that was working fine earlier does not start now. I have already created tables and accessed them using stored procedures.

I get an error 1069: The service did not start due to logon problems. I have only changed my domain password. I do not remember what authentication I chose for log on.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

January 5th, 2006 11:28pm

try this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q282254

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2006 8:11pm

Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. Right-click the Service Name and select Properties. Click the Log On tab. Retype the correct password. Start the the service.
  • Proposed as answer by comdini Monday, February 14, 2011 9:22 AM
January 28th, 2008 12:34pm

Hi,

Go to services.msc and check the Logon tab for SQL and its related services. If its your domain account then change it with new password and then start the service.

January 28th, 2008 12:43pm

zeltera wrote:
Go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. Right-click the Service Name and select Properties. Click the Log On tab. Retype the correct password. Start the the service.

Thnx so much Wink its working

May 18th, 2008 8:21pm

Amazing.. This worked perfectly for me..
THank you so much!
  • Proposed as answer by Yong Choi Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:25 PM
April 28th, 2009 2:33pm

Hi ,

Great Zeltera. I worked. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

COMDINI

September 14th, 2010 10:21am

thanks a lot that really saved me a lot of research.

February 1st, 2011 2:07pm

hola,

hay gente, que el concepto que tienen de la vida, se basa, en el aprobecharse de las demas personas. y eso es lo que sucede en internet. y lo peor es que todos los operadores que dan servicio de internet, estan de acuerdo en hacer eso, con muchas entidades, que hasta se dicen llamar vigilantes de internet.

estos tipos que me dan servicio siguen de idiotas. esta bien cuando no se han detectado, pero cuando ya tienen la cola pateada. y todavia siguen. eso es muy chuco caballeros.  

January 27th, 2014 2:58am

This worked from me perfectly when one of my Cisco UCCE servers failed to start.

Thanks for the help!

Jayadurai

Servion Global Solutions

September 12th, 2014 1:10pm

Gracias, si funciona.

December 9th, 2014 7:20pm

Thanks, changed my windows account password and was wondering why the mssql service suddenly decided to stop working!
July 27th, 2015 8:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics