error 0xC00000BB in smart card logon
hi when i assign a smart card to a user and insert in windows xp sp2 than i got the error-: "The system could not log you on. The server authenticating you reported an error (0xC00000BB). You can find further details in the event log. Please report this error to the system administrator." please provide me solution to fix that problem manually as soon as possible. Thanks in advance piush@786
January 17th, 2011 11:05am

Are there any messages in the event log or on the domain controllers? # for hex 0xc00000bb / decimal -1073741637 : STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED ntstatus.h # The request is not supported. # 1 matches found for "c00000bb" -- Mike Burr MS Technologies - Development - *nix
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 2:47pm

Hello, as mentioned in the error ". You can find further details in the event log", so please check them and post the complete error message here.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
January 17th, 2011 6:12pm

Hi, Please install the hotfix and check if the issue can be resolved: 891849 You receive "The system could not log you on" error message when you use a smart card to log on to a Windows XP Professional-based computer http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;891849 The hotfix is included in Windows XP SP3, and therefore you can install the SP3 directly on the computer. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2011 11:48pm

Hello, I once encountered this problem. For me, the cause was that my domain controller certificates were invalid as I had updated several CA certificates earlier that day. In the error logs, I was presented with several Kerberos-related errors. I'd check there if the hotfix doesn't help you. Good luck!
January 19th, 2011 10:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics