error 0x80070005 and impossible to Update and grant permission with subinacl

sorry, this is a fork from

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4d8b6205-db63-4f21-8001-a0ea9fa79266/error-0x80070005-and-impossible-to-grant-permission-with-subinacl?forum=w7itprosecurity

My trouble are error 80070005 that does not permit to update my server and clients on local private lan. I use wusus to update systems. just security, critical and service pack...

system are only 2008 r2 enterprise and 7 enterprise.

when i try tu update domain servers they answer with error  0x80070005 on other server and on clients error appear 0x800B0001

I run some AV and anti malaware but nothing...

on servers are impossible to install any patch or upgrade (kb947821 still gives me auth denied) but I m able to install other things.

I had a fresh 2008r2 installed, put in in domain and updated via gpo... result: after reboot and update error  0x800B0001 appears. I was able to install kb947821 but no way.

on clients same issue... so I think there is an upgrade on wsus that does not work well... or i made a missconfiguration on wusus... :(

at last I tried to restore permissions with subinacl... it is imppossible to accomplice it because in some items there is no permission to system ... just trustedinstaller are permitted and subinacl returns  error  0x80070005... I tried to change mannually on the fresh installation ( no data and no troubles if the system die :D):

regedit hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\assistance rigth click and add system and administrators full access... reboot and ... still same issue...

• subinacl /errorlog=a.txt /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
  • subinacl /errorlog=b.txt /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
  • subinacl /errorlog=c.txt /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
  • subinacl /errorlog=d.txt /subDIRECTORIES %SYSTEMDRIVE% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

errors are present just in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT plus one warning in HKEY_CURRENT_USER where it says there is a wild char *

tnx

May 27th, 2015 4:52am

Hi,

>>I had a fresh 2008r2 installed, put in in domain and updated via gpo... result: after reboot and update error  0x800B0001 appears.

If the version of the WSUS is 3.0 SP2, please try to install the KB2720211 or KB2734608.

>>when i try tu update domain servers they answer with error  0x80070005.

If you have install any third party security software, please try to disable it.

Also, please try to run the System Update Readiness Tool on the client.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Best Regards.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2015 11:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics