employeenumber behaving strange ? ? ?

I run : get-aduser -filter 'samaccountname -eq "xxx"' -properties employeenumber on different user's

In the Attribute Editor I can see that they both have an employeenumber, nevertheless one user displays the number + a field Enabled : True

The other displays employeenumber as blank/null and does not show the enabled field

Anybody with an idea ?

May 21st, 2015 6:45am

I have no idea what you are trying to say.  What is your script?

get-aduser -filter 'samaccountname -eq "xxx"' -properties employeenumber| select name, employeenumber

This would show the number.  It it doesn't then there is no number. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2015 6:51am

I am trying to say what it says !

In attribute Editor I can see that they both have an employeenumber.

Nevertheless when I run get-aduser against the one I get the number and a field "Enabled - value true"

when I run it against the other user I get blank/null as employeenumber and the field enabled is not shown

Found the problem ! We have three DC's when I force the run one one of them I get the same result for both - employeenumber comes correctly !

May 21st, 2015 7:17am

Sorry but your statements make no sense.  Without a copy of the script that gives this result it is not possible to be of any assistance.

May 21st, 2015 7:29am

The problem seem's to be DC's on different AD-software-level

How do I close this inquiry ?

May 21st, 2015 8:20am

That doesn't make much sense.  "employeenumber" has been around since W2K3.  You have other issues I think.  The schema has to be the same across the domain.  Perhaps you have replication issues.

We can raise a domain or update the schema on a domain.  We cannpt do this per-DC. Your answer is not a good answer and might be misleading.

May 21st, 2015 8:30am

I am trying to say what it says !

In attribute Editor I can see that they both have an employeenumber.

Nevertheless when I run get-aduser against the one I get the number and a field "Enabled - value true"

when I run it against the other user I get blank/null as employeenumber and the field enabled is not shown

Found the problem ! We have three DC's when I force the run one one of them I get the same result for both - employeenumber comes correctly !

May 21st, 2015 11:12am

The problem seem's to be DC's on different AD-software-level

How do I close this inquiry ?

May 21st, 2015 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics