email alerts for hard disk failure in Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 x64. I want to monitor for hard disk failures. I need something that send an email alert. It is a Dell machine but OMSA doesnt email alerts and OME cant go on a domain controller. Any ideas?
August 6th, 2012 11:19am

OMSA offers me the option to send emails (protocols, hardware, email, will ask you to configure smtp server settings if its not configured yet) also, OMSA generates events in the event log (system event log). you could generate emails by attaching a task to the event log if eg Source Server Administrator, Category Storage logs a warning or error
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2012 12:21pm

Hi, Hope the below link helps: http://www.tachytelic.net/2010/03/setting-up-e-mail-alerts-from-dell-openmanage-omsa/Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
August 6th, 2012 12:36pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? Have you resolved the problem? If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be happy to help.Lawrence TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 9th, 2012 10:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics