dvd writer missing
I can eject and insert dvd and i can hear the spinning sound. but no DVD icon in MY Computer to open the files
September 19th, 2011 10:33am

possible hardware error. Look in device manager to can you see the DVD drive? If not reboot the PC and go into the BIOS - can the BIOS see the DVD drive? if not power off PC and check the SATA or IDE cable between the drive and the motherboard is connected. If it is connected you will need to get hold of another SATA/IDE lead and replace the current one, reboot to windows and see if the drive is now detected, if not power off again and try another DVD drive. A.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 19th, 2011 11:56am

Verify that your DVD drive is not affected by any kind of hardware problems. Also take a look at the following web address http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us Bye.Luigi Bruno - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Award
September 19th, 2011 4:26pm

Hi, If the DVD rom is connected properly, it will be showed in My Computer no matter there is a DVD disk in it or not. You can heard the spinning sound means the power of the DVD is on, however, if the cable is loose or broken, the computer will not be able to read the DVD disk. Please try to restart the computer and then proceed to BIOS to check whether you can find it there. If it’s not there, you need to power off the computer and check the connectivity of the cable. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2011 1:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics