duality of the reposiories framework and framework64
Hi All,This is a simple question:Can someone tells me why we have two different repositories for both c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework and c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64The same applies to c:\program Files and c:\progoram files (x86). To my knowledge, win 2008 is an 64 bits technology platform. So why should we have repositories for both 32 bits and 64 bits technology.If it's for compatibility reasons, can someone explain cases when we would both use those repositories?And what about elements we found in the GAC of that plateform for the framework. is it comming from framework or framework64?Thank's for the answers
March 13th, 2009 5:51am

Hi, Your understanding is not correct. We still have both 32bit and 64bit for Windows Server 2008 (Windows 6) like previous operating systems. As I know, the next operating system - Windows 7 also has both 32bit and 64bit. However, Microsoft is probably only release 64bit for Windows 8 in the future. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 13th, 2009 7:10am

So what I understand is that c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework is still for 32 bits program and framework64 for 64 bits program? Is it the same for c:\program files\ and c:\program files (x86)
April 3rd, 2009 1:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics