dual ip's in windows server 2008 dont work on port 80 on a single network interface card
i have application that works on port 80,in my windows server 2008 i have dual ip's on asingle network interface card but this application only works on a single ip ,port 80 is closed for the other ip address on a same network interface card but i havent got this problem with the old windows server 2003
December 24th, 2012 12:27pm

so here's what I understood from your question: you have a multi-homed server with 2 IP Addresses. you have an application on this server that uses port 80, so you need to leave one IP Address for normal use such as file share, etc, and then designate the second one for access to this application on port 80. if this is correct, then you all you have to do is from IIS change the Binding to the IP Address for this application access and set the port to 80, and this should work just fine. we do this all the time. did I understand the problem correctly? if not please provide addition details. Mohsen Almassud
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 26th, 2012 4:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics