download oracle software from e-delivery ...

I have created a Virtual box in Azure.  Now, i need to install a specific version of Oracle software which is downloadable from Oracle e-delivery site.   how can i access that URL from my Virtual box ?  Otherwise, i can download them to my PC and upload them to the Virtual box ?   I am not sure how can i access the Virtual box (do to the copy of the software) from my PC.  Any help will be appreciated.

August 25th, 2015 4:08pm

Hi there,

Assuming you are referring to a Windows Server VM on which you want to install the Oracle product one approach could be to simply RDP into the machine, take over it's desktop and acces the url via the browser that installed in the Azure VM.

Another approach could be to use remote PowerShell command but I don't know if Oracle e-delivery support UI less installation of the software.

A third alternative would be to setup a VM locally, copy it's VHD file to Azure storage and recreate a VM from the VHD file in Azure. (this option will cost a lot more time than the other two).

Let us know if this makes sense and if you have additional questions on these appro

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 5:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics