domain trust
hi i do have a two domain with trust, as below abc.com(parent) xyz.abc.com(child) all the server are join to xyz.abc.com. include exchange server. all the time it was ok and health, but one day while it doing the domain trust health checking, i aware it, the parent and child trust are lost. while i click the valid button it display an error as below : windows cannot find a domain controller of the abc.com domain. verify that a DC is available and tne try again. i sure the abc.com DC are available. i was plan to remove the exiting trust and rebuild it. my question is: will the rebuild/ reset the turst are able to solve my existing issue? the rebuild/ reset of the trust will crash my exchange server down ? please advice me. thank you
July 6th, 2010 9:09am

Hello, if the trust was working you have to find out why it isn't anymore, just re-creating may not work as connectivity seems to be not correct anymore. Make sure no firewall has been enabled/implemented/changed. Also make sure DNS is configured correct for the trust. Also start with verifying the trust: netdom trustTrustingDomainName/d:TrustedDomainName/verify and post the output here.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 6th, 2010 10:32am

hi after run the netdom trust, it display. "the commnad failed to completed successfully" (both DC are display a same error) yes, we did not implement any firewall in between this 2 DC.
July 6th, 2010 11:12am

Hello, please try to ping the remote DNS server with ip address, computer name and FQDN.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 6th, 2010 11:39am

hi when i ping it by using ping IP -- do reply (parent and child) FQDN -- do reply (parent and child) computer name -- no reply (parent no able reply but child do reply) is it some thing wrong with my DNS ?
July 6th, 2010 11:47am

Hi, Since FQDN works, it may not be a DNS issue. Please post the output of the ping result for research. Meanwhile, please run the command nltest /dsgetdc:abc.com /force on the PDC of the child domain and post the result back.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 8th, 2010 10:05am

hi thanks for reply after the command line run, it display as below error DsGetDcName failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN but when i run this command anonter one of our DC it display as below msg: C:\Program Files\Support Tools>nltest /dsgetdc:abc.com /force DC: \\svr01.abc.com Address: \\190.254.30.4 Dom Guid: fef972eb-fbd2-4f1a-8f46-2b3fa91355eb Dom Name: ABC.COM Forest Name: ABC.COM Dc Site Name: TX Our Site Name: TX Flags: GC DS LDAP KDC TIMESERV GTIMESERV WRITABLE DNS_DC DNS_DOMAIN DNS_ FOREST CLOSE_SITE The command completed successfully thanks
July 8th, 2010 10:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics