domain isolation via certificate as authentication method doesn't work for securing a joined web srv
hi all i deployed domain isolation via certificate as authentication method. so in my domain joined web server , i deployed a connection security rule that requires all inbound traffic to be authenticated. but when i sit at a domain joined client that doesn't have any certificate from my domain CA , i can view the web site on the web server. why i can browsethe website according to that i don't have any computer or ipsec certificate in this computer? thanks in advance
May 27th, 2012 5:38am

hi all i deployed domain isolation via certificate as authentication method. so in my domain joined web server , i deployed a connection security rule that requires all inbound traffic to be authenticated. but when i sit at a domain joined client that doesn't have any certificate from my domain CA , i can view the web site on the web server. why i can browsethe website according to that i don't have any computer or ipsec certificate in this computer? thanks in advance
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2012 5:45am

Hi, In IIS, you have the option of ignoring, accepting, or requiring client certificates when a user accesses resources on your server. Ignoring certificates simply means that you are not using them, will not ask the client for one, and will discard one if it is sent to your server. If there is anything unclearly, please visit IIS forum to get a better answer. IIS forum http://forums.iis.net/ Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
May 28th, 2012 2:34am

Hi, In IIS, you have the option of ignoring, accepting, or requiring client certificates when a user accesses resources on your server. Ignoring certificates simply means that you are not using them, will not ask the client for one, and will discard one if it is sent to your server. If there is anything unclearly, please visit IIS forum to get a better answer. IIS forum http://forums.iis.net/ Hope this helps! Best Regards Elytis ChengElytis Cheng TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2012 2:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics