disable wpad DNS querys completly
Hi forum, My platform is W2k8 with IE8. I want completly disable wpad.domain.com DNS queries cause my enviroment is not using any proxy. I tried: - disable "automatically detect network settings" with GPO within IE lansettings - disable "use automatic configuraiton script" with GPO within IE lansettings - removed and disabled proxy server settings - stopped and disabled "WebDav Client Redirector Driver service", "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service", "webclient" "Netsh winhttp show proxy" tells me "Direct access (no proxy server)." but when a user is logging on to the server i see wpad queryies and http connects to wpad server with wireshark. Any hints? Best Regards, Andreas
July 20th, 2011 2:07pm

Hi, Please double check the following troubleshooting steps: 1. Uncheck “Automatically detect settings” of Local Area Network (LAN) Settings in Internet Options. 2. Disable the service “WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service” in Services. 3. Disable devolution by setting UseDomainNameDevolution value under the following registry entry to 0 (FALSE): HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters Regards, Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com . Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 21st, 2011 12:29am

doublechecked, but issue still exists. Regards, Andreas
July 21st, 2011 11:02am

Hi, Please check if there is 252 option on DHCP server. Please also check if there is a WPAD record on your DNS server. If there are, please remove them. Regards, Scott Xie
July 28th, 2011 11:33pm

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Arthur Li Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 4th, 2011 2:10am

Hi ! Check all GP policy for Internet Explorer and remove clear "Automatically detect settings" then goto on yours DHCP server and check client and server options on DHCP server and try to find WPAD or 252 Code, if exist WPAD or 252 Code then remove it. Best Regards
August 4th, 2011 2:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics