dimension design/mdx

Hi,

I am developing a report to show the count of people that was spoken to in the last (say 50 days) which was straight forward, but i am supposed to include the projection for the next 6 month (showing it on monthly basis). below is the excel of what the report should look like, the first image is for the current moment(which is straight forward) and the second image is what I am having problems with)

The approach i took was to create the dimension table using case expression to add columns for the months(1,2 ... from today)and substituting the days with values with 1 and 0 appropriately( when greater than specified day of last communication) Am using sql server 2008 r2, I Am doing the count of the table as the measure group , and i can successfully slice from the side (lets say with the desc attribute) and the  top  (let say with the todays column) but if I add another column to the top , the presentation will not be what am expecting, please any design idea, or any mdx idea Thanks

June 24th, 2015 5:39pm

Hi,

Can you clarify your requirement a little bit?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2015 8:40am

Hi l4QR1A,

Thank you for your question.  

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Thanks,
June 28th, 2015 10:02pm

Hi l4QR1A,

Is it acceptable to "count" the value in Excel, by using array formulas

=SUM((SourceTable[desc]="good")*(TODAY()-SourceTable[last doc]+F2)>50))

Which result in:

1. You need to press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to create an array formula.

2. In the demo, I name your data source as SourceTable.

3. The array formula sum the rows in the SourceTable when all the conditions are true.

4. The first condition is pretty straightforward. In the second condition, we firstly compare [last doc] with the date of today, and and then add 30 days from the first month from the base row (which you may wanna hide from the sheet), and then we compare it with 50 days as you mentioned.

I'm not sure how you create your dimension or measures, but you may rewrite the formula in MDX based on the same concept if you prefer.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2015 8:35am

Hi,

Create two separate columns in you fact query Day_status andmonth_status like below:

id desc dfc 1 month Day_Status Month_status
a good 53 83 1 1
b better 16 46 0 0
c better 53 83 1 1
d good 25 55 0 1
e good 14 44 0 0
f better 9 39 0 0

Now create a dimesion table (select distinct Desc from your table Name) and join these two based on desc.

Now In measures group Change the Day_status and Month_status measures aggregate function type to sum.

After finishing check in cube browser.

July 2nd, 2015 2:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics