difficult : migrate a W2k8 system from a hard raid 5 to a new single sataII drive plugged on the motherboard ?
Good morning, I have a PE2900 with the 3 partitions : C(W2K8 enterprise srv) E F (data) on a raid 5 bay. I want to extract the system from this bay and put it in a new HD plug into the motherboard. How to do this? I need your help I thought do this : - ghost the system to a external drive (windows backup or ghost sotware). I do this, it 's Ok. - shutdown, plug the new SATAII drive on the motherboard, boot. - with bcdedit ou EasyBCD, put a new entry on the boot to point to the new HD, shutdown - put the system image (ghost or W2k8 DVD boot) into the new HD Is it a good way to do this and if it's correct, the "new" system will recognyze the Raid5 data's partiton (E and F)? I need your help to do this difficult task Best regards
February 3rd, 2010 12:50pm

Hello,This Windows Backup forum is intended for questions and discussions regarding the default backup features included in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and beyond. For all other queries, the following forums/newsgroups should be able to provide better support. Thanks, Bikash Agrawala [MSFT] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Windows Server General - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/threads
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 3rd, 2010 3:31pm

thanks for your response, but is it possible to do this with windows backup software? Best regards
February 3rd, 2010 3:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics