dhcp server with three scope
i am trying to create a dhcp server with 3 scopes. In our network 3 ip range required in dhcp. How can i implement. 192.168.30.0 192.168.31.0 192.168.32.0
January 5th, 2011 9:49am

That is OK. Just create three scopes. What is the question? How are th three networks connected? Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 5th, 2011 10:01am

How are th three networks connected? All these are connected in same network
January 5th, 2011 10:02am

How can we implement the dhcp server with three scopes. All the desktops and ip phones are connected in same network desktop: 192.168.30.0 ip phones: 192.168.31.0 wireless devices: 192.168.32.0
January 5th, 2011 10:05am

If you have a single DHCP server on a different subnet than the clients it is servicing then you are going to need to configure a DHCP relay agent on the router(s) so the DHCP broadcasts are forwarded as unicast messages to the DHCP server and the appropriate response is given.Matt W. CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, A+
January 5th, 2011 5:35pm

Hi Joseph, Agree with Matt . Meanwhile, please take look the article below which provides some good suggestions for this scenario Planning DHCP networks http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786002(WS.10).aspx For more information regarding to DHCP relay agent please refer to the link below: Understanding relay agents http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779610(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger Li TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 6th, 2011 5:10am

I am guessing that Joseph means by his statement "All the desktops and ip phones are connected in same network" that the three subnets are on the same VLAN. If that is the case, the DHCP server will not be able to assign IPs from the intended scopes. With one VLAN, the DHCP helper is not going to "help" in this situation. Once you have created 3 VLANs, you'll need to configure the DHCP Relay Agent (or IP Helper as some network vendors call it). The DHCP server will use the information stored in the GIADDR field of the packet which is put there by the relay agent. Otherwise, if this field is empty, the DHCP server can ONLY issue leases from a scope that is the same segement that the DHCP server's NIC is configured on. Hope this clears it up for you. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
January 6th, 2011 6:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics