dfsradmin health report still showing a deleted replicated folder for a replication group

I have 3 DFSR servers in one replication group.

Yesterday I deleted one of the DFSR replicated folders for this replication group via the DFS MMC.

After doing this I forced AD replication as well as ran dfsrdiag.exe PollAD /Member: on all the dfsr servers.

Today when I ran a dfsradmin health report on one of the servers I saw one of the 3 servers in the report still sees the connection to the deleted folder and is saying the connection is disabled.

• First I checked AD under: my.dom.com/System/DFSR-GlobalSettings/myreplgroup/Content and confirmed the deleted folder was not there.
  • I then checked the system volume information\dfsr\private folder on all three servers and found the content set for the deleted folder still present on one of the servers (but not the server still connected to it in the health report).
  • I confirmed this was the content set for the deleted folder by matching up the GUID of the folder name with that of the content set in the heath report xml file. 
  • I stopped the DFSR service on the server and deleted the content set folder
  • I started DFSR and ran another health report but the deleted folder is still present in the report.

Where else could there be metadata stored that the health report is picking up?

It looks like the reports are generated via the "IServerHealthReport Interface", but I have not found any documentation that explains where the interface it picking up the values.

I also found it odd that the server in the health report which still sees the connection does not have the content set for that folder present in its \DFSR\Private folder.

July 1st, 2013 9:18pm

Hi,

Please check if it is not deleted clearly in AD.

Checkthe following entry in ADSIedit:

CN=<name_of_the_DFS replication group>,CN=DFSR-GlobalSettings,CN=System,DC=<name_of_your_domain>

For detailed steps you could find in following thread:

How to delete a DFS namespace

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/a7724837-b80a-436b-89df-97bb189bcecc

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 5:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics