dfs properties tab question
i've uploaded a snippet of the properties sheet from 2 server with 4 namespaces. right click the mapped drive in my computer, choose properties and then select the dfs tab. on server 1, they're all the same, non-active for s1 and active for s2. on s2, 2 are active for s1 and 2 are active for s2. looking at the snippet will probably be easier to understand, just wondering if this is configured incorrectly. file is called dfs inconsistencies.png at this location: http://cid-bbef7ebe15095ff7.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=browse&resid=BBEF7EBE15095FF7!127&type=6&Bsrc=EMSHOO&Bpub=SN.Notifications thanks, Gary
September 23rd, 2010 12:08am

Hi Gary, Whether the 2 servers are in a same site? DFS will direct access to a random referral target, as they are 4 different namespaces, it should be a general behavior. I will test the same settings later, if there is anything different I will add in reply. Meanwhile you can run "dfsutil /pktflush" on both servers to see if the active will be changed.Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 27th, 2010 11:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics