desktop experiance
could someone help me please thanks i have got windows server beta 3 build 6001 i have installed desktop experiance and alll i have got is the media player and a few other bits i thought i would have more themes as it says to add vista functionality any help or corrections would be appreciated sam gunner
August 26th, 2007 3:00am

Hi Desktop Expereince will give you Aero but you will not get all the themes, maybe with later builds but don't think so. Brjann
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2007 11:10pm

i cant even find aero though i have definately installed desktop experiance however igo in to persnalisation then themes and theres nothing there except windows standard windows classic and the high contrast ones is there a file i need to run or anthing i have just installed desktop experiance nothing else (well i have installed more features ad that ) what i mean is i havent installed anything else to do with desktop experiance my graphics card is more than capeable as it is a brand new modeldoes anyone know what else i have to install?thankyou]sam gunnerps please be kind im only 14 (my dads useless at stuff)
August 26th, 2007 11:16pm

For some graphics cards the full 3D-drivers are not installed and you might need to install the Vista driver for the same card to get the full Aero interface.
August 27th, 2007 9:42am

There is no Aero in Windows Longhorn Server!! I installed Windows Longhorn Server on my computer, enabled Themes service, installed Desktop Experience component, and restarted. This machine could have Aero enabled when I was using Windows Vista RC1. The score for this machine was 2.0
August 27th, 2007 1:52pm

(I'm only 14 too) Please enable the Themes service to get the Windows Vista Basic theme.
August 27th, 2007 1:54pm

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=11234 http://www.joejoe.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9804&mode=threaded&pid=116916 Please keep in mind that Windows Server 2008 is still in beta, and hence features and roles are being added / removed continously. This means that something that worked in an earlier release might not work in current release.
August 27th, 2007 2:45pm

I use windows server because it ISN'T sopretty and ISN'T overloaded with visual distractions.
September 25th, 2007 5:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics