deploying ssrs

I am trying to deploy a report at work, so my colleague can access it, we are not on the intranet, or set up under a domain,  but i was advice i can go through iis, please does anyone have an idea( i dont have knowledge on network).

Thanks

• Moved by Kalman Toth 21 hours 27 minutes ago Not T-SQL
February 9th, 2015 8:18am

iis is not required for SSRS report deployment after 2008. Prior version requires iis to be setup.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 9th, 2015 8:39am

SSRS is the appropriate forum for your question.

February 9th, 2015 9:06am

Thanks for the response, I can deploy and view my report manager on my system. What alternative do i have so my colleague can view the report manager as well.

Thanks

February 9th, 2015 9:50am

You need to configure reporting services configuration manager. Then deploy the report to reporting manager and everybody can access it through reporting viewer url.
February 9th, 2015 10:38am

Hi

Configure Report Manager if you haven't done so.

Once you on

servername/reports/pages/folder.aspx   URL

1.  Click on Site Settings on top right hand corner

2.  Click Security and Add <New Role assignment>  with appropriate permission.

Now share reportmanger url with user..

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

February 9th, 2015 11:02am

Hi I4QR1A,

According to your description, you want to deploy report to report manager, so other users can access the report.

After we create a report in report designer, we need to publish it to a report server to make it available to users. In Report Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio, we must specify the report server as well as folders for reports and shared data sources so that we can publish the items in a project. For detail information, please refer to the following steps:

1. Right-click the report project, and then click Properties.
  2. In the Property Pages dialog box for the project, select a configuration to edit from the Configuration list.
  3. In OverwriteDataSources, select True to overwrite the data source on the server each time reports are published, or select False to keep the data source on the server.
  4. In the TargetDataSourceFolder text box, type the folder on the report server in which to place the published shared data sources.
  5. In the TargetReportFolder text box, type the folder on the report server in which to place the published reports.
  6. In the TargetServerURL text box, type the URL of the target report server, then click OK.
  7. Right-click the report in the project, then click deploy, after the report is successfully deployed, you can preview the report in report manager.

For more information about Publishing Reports to a Report Server, please refer to the following document:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159270(v=sql.110).aspx

Reporting Services uses role-based security to grant user access to a report server, and there are two types of roles: Item-level roles and System-level roles. On a new installation, only local administrators have access to a report server. If the user need to have access to reports, folders, models and shared data sources, a local administrator must create a role assignment to define the tasks a user can perform by following steps:

1. Start Report Manager by going to URL http://servername/Reports as administrator.
  2. Click drop-down arrow next to the folder.
  3. Click Security in the drop-down list.
  4. Click New Role Assignment. In user, enter the user account.
  5. Select appropriate access, and then click Apply.

For more information about Role Assignments, please refer to the following article:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337471(v=SQL.105).aspx

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

February 9th, 2015 9:16pm

Hi I4QR1A,

According to your description, you want to deploy report to report manager, so other users can access the report.

After we create a report in report designer, we need to publish it to a report server to make it available to users. In Report Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio, we must specify the report server as well as folders for reports and shared data sources so that we can publish the items in a project. For detail information, please refer to the following steps:

1. Right-click the report project, and then click Properties.
  2. In the Property Pages dialog box for the project, select a configuration to edit from the Configuration list.
  3. In OverwriteDataSources, select True to overwrite the data source on the server each time reports are published, or select False to keep the data source on the server.
  4. In the TargetDataSourceFolder text box, type the folder on the report server in which to place the published shared data sources.
  5. In the TargetReportFolder text box, type the folder on the report server in which to place the published reports.
  6. In the TargetServerURL text box, type the URL of the target report server, then click OK.
  7. Right-click the report in the project, then click deploy, after the report is successfully deployed, you can preview the report in report manager.

For more information about Publishing Reports to a Report Server, please refer to the following document:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159270(v=sql.110).aspx

Reporting Services uses role-based security to grant user access to a report server, and there are two types of roles: Item-level roles and System-level roles. On a new installation, only local administrators have access to a report server. If the user need to have access to reports, folders, models and shared data sources, a local administrator must create a role assignment to define the tasks a user can perform by following steps:

1. Start Report Manager by going to URL http://servername/Reports as administrator.
  2. Click drop-down arrow next to the folder.
  3. Click Security in the drop-down list.
  4. Click New Role Assignment. In user, enter the user account.
  5. Select appropriate access, and then click Apply.

For more information about Role Assignments, please refer to the following article:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337471(v=SQL.105).aspx

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wendy Fu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click her

February 10th, 2015 3:56am

Hi

Configure Report Manager if you haven't done so.

Once you on

servername/reports/pages/folder.aspx   URL

1.  Click on Site Settings on top right hand corner

2.  Click Security and Add <New Role assignment>  with appropriate permission.

Now share reportmanger url with user..

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

it does not recognise the user name, I guess am not doing it right, i am getting 

The user or group name 'director' is not recognized. (rsUnknownUserName

must we be on a network or sort

February 10th, 2015 4:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics