delete wireless network
i accidentally setup a wireless network connection in my windows xp using the wireless network setup wizard without knowing that my laptop actually didn't have that feature.i wanted to delete that but i couldn't. everytime i access into wireless network setup wizard, the option of add new computers or devices to the XXX network will appear. Anyone pls help me to solve that problem? i went to network connection but the wireless connection tab didn't appear and i restore my laptop to the earlier time but it would just stay there.
March 6th, 2007 4:06am

Just to confirm, you're computer does not have a wireless network adaptor or is it related to the Network Setup Wizard? The Wireless Network Setup Wizard (part of the Windows Connect Now) will always present you these options since it is used to create a specialized XML file that can be used to more easily configure your entire home/small office wireless network without having to dig into the various settings on each individual computer or access point. If you'd like to remove the settings on your XP host, simply go to Start->Control Panel->Network Connections. Since you may not have a wireless network adaptor, this may not even bea problem. None the less, here are the recommended steps: To delete the wireless network created by the Wireless Network Setup Wizard on a computer running Windows XP with SP2, remove the wireless network from the Preferred networks list on the Wireless Networks tab for the properties of your wireless network adapter in the Network connections folder.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 3rd, 2007 1:06pm

Ive done that already and it does not work! It keeps showing the wireless network I don't want anymore. P.S.: I did not succesfully finished the network setup.
August 17th, 2007 7:45pm

Did you figure out what the solution is?
November 29th, 2007 10:21am

Try this - In Device Manager open up Network Adapters. Your incorrect (and correct) networks set up should be listed. Right click on the one you want to get rid of and select uninstall. This will remove it from your list of Network Connections. Dan
January 20th, 2008 11:34pm

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I set up a wireless home network on one computer, using the wizard and the USB method. I then couldn't figure out how to remove it as the wizard only gave the options of: create new OR add to "created" network. In the end I clicked "add new", went through the process again, but this time didn't connect any other devices. I now have the new network (let's call it "created2") as a network to which I can add other devices (but I'm not going to as I don't need to). I went through the same process on the other computer + removed "created" network from the preferred networks list. It is now gone. At some point I also changed the name of my workgroup - but not sure if this had anything to do with my ability to remove "created" (which was also the name of the workgroup).Clearly I am not very computer savvy - but perhaps this will help someone else.
May 29th, 2009 10:59am

I have the kind of the same problem. I tried to set up a wireless LAN to share files between 2 computers and couldn't quite get it to work. Now the wireless signal coming from my router says "Limited or no connectivity". How do I remedy this? My comp connects to other wireless signals but not mine. How do I delete the existing wireless network set up on my comp so I can connect to the Internet?
June 24th, 2009 11:04am

Wow! Still no solution to this problem after so long . . . Where should one go to get a definitive answer ? If I find it, I'll try to remember to come back here and post. Otherwise, this thread is just another dead end. Boo Hoo Hoo . . .
May 4th, 2010 10:12am

From http://www.passcape.com/wireless_keys_screenshots Wireless Flash Configuration - the last configuration, which is 'prudently' stored by Windows' Wireless Network Setup Wizard. That data is normally saved in a file named LastFlashConfig.wfc, which is stored in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Microsoft.
April 25th, 2011 12:51pm

hgfhdhfgf's response led me to the solution. The file noted by this user simply needs to be deleted, then the computer rebooted. So, the solution is to DELETE the file C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\Microsoft\LastFlashConfig.wfc
November 18th, 2011 9:18pm

I recently had the same problem when I was trying to setup some sort of wireless connection for my laptop. I don't think there is a way to actually delete the wireless connection because it doesn't show in the Network Connections folder. One thing I would suggest doing after a bit of tinkering around myself is to go through and create another one from scratch. When you create the new one this time you can't leave the name blank which would intern "delete" the previous wireless connection you've created. I simply put a space in the wireless connection name and hit next, and it worked... How to do what I've done: Go to Control Panel Click on Wireless Network Setup Click Next > Select Set up a new wireless network Under Give your network a name, using up to 32 characters. Network name (SSID): simply put a space here to make it blank Select Automatically assign a network key (recommended) Click Next > Select Set up a network manually Click Next > Click Finish If you've followed these steps correctly when you click on the Wirelss Network Setup Wizard you should see: Set up a new wireless network Add new computers or devices to the ' ' network. This ultimately has deleted a wireless connection created by the Wireless Network Setup Wizard. Goodluck!
November 21st, 2011 9:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics