delay connect
hello, i have windows 2008 server r2 as guest on hyper-v when thent's boot "windows 7" there is a dely time to get ip address from dhcp. the problem is the client not connec toto map network drives or home folder except if logoff and loggin again so what the problem, could that becuse the windows server both hyper-v and guest are trail and not active? thanks.
December 27th, 2011 1:11pm

How did you check how much time it takes to obtain an ip address? This is a domain to workgroup environment? Try to enable the GPO setting - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logonRegards, Liran.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2011 1:44pm

after i login i see that is not get the ip. its domain. i will set it by gpo and back to u. thanks.
December 27th, 2011 4:21pm

Does only one machine has problems with obtaining ip address? I'm waiting for any update. Thank you.Regards, Liran.
December 27th, 2011 4:32pm

no, approximately all computers. thanks.
December 27th, 2011 4:39pm

So maybe your DHCP server is not properly functioning. Maybe there are any performance issues? Can you set a sniffer on the network to eliminate any network related problems?Regards, Liran.
December 27th, 2011 4:44pm

how i can do that?
December 27th, 2011 4:51pm

How did you check how much time it takes to obtain an ip address? This is a domain to workgroup environment? Try to enable the GPO setting - Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logonRegards, Liran.
December 27th, 2011 9:38pm

1. Talk with your network team to find any network related problems. 2. Log in to the DHCP server and look for errors in the event log. 3. Log in to one of your workstations, open cmd and run ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. How much time you had to wait before you get an ip address?Regards, Liran.
December 28th, 2011 6:57am

Hi, Any updates?Regards, Liran.
December 29th, 2011 4:32pm

hello thanks for your attention. after i change the gp ComputerConfiguration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon it work fine now :)
December 30th, 2011 8:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics