defaulting display size on one report to something other than 100%
Hi we run std 2008 r2.  Is there a way to default one particular report's display size to either "page width" or 200% instead of 100%?
August 20th, 2015 1:51pm

Hi we run std 2008 r2.  Is there a way to default one particular report's display size to either "page width" or 200% instead of 100%?

Have you adjusted the "interactive size" properties?

Take a look here: http://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/nathaneccles/2013/10/30/ssrs-using-page-size-and-interactive-size-to-manage-printing

If you're wanting to change the zoom in report manager you could switch to URL programming and offer the user a link to the report like this:

http://ServerName/ReportServer?/folder/reportName&rc:Zoom=200

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10848604/ssrs-report-manager-set-default-zoom-lev

August 20th, 2015 2:01pm

thx changing the interactive width to a larger number than 8.5in and height to zero didn't seem to affect anything but it might have frozen the page after it was rendered.

I tried that format u offered of coming in with zoom 200 and it still comes up at 100%.

But I'm mostly interested in a default override anyway.

August 20th, 2015 2:49pm

Hi db042190,

In your scenario, if you want to set the default value of zoom level for a specific report as 200, please add code below to Report.aspx file(default location: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportManager\Pages ):

<script type='text/javascript'>

//report name
var reportName = "Popupbox";

setTimeout(ready, 500);

function ready()
{
	var queryString = location.search;
	var key = getParameterByName("ItemPath");
	var res = key.split("/")[key.split("/").length-1]; 
	if(reportName===res)
	{
		document.getElementById('ctl31_ctl06_ctl02_ctl00').value="200";
		document.getElementById('ctl31_ctl06_ctl02_ctl00').onchange();
	}
}

function getParameterByName(name) {
  name = name.replace(/[\[]/, "<\\[ (file://[/)>").replace(/[\]]/, "<\\] (file://]/)>");
  var regex = new RegExp("[\\?&]" + name + "=([^&#]*)"); 
  results = regex.exec(location.search);
  return results === null ? "" : decodeURIComponent(results[1].replace(/\+/g, " "));
}

</script>

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 9:03am

thx.  If I have the right file it looks like what u c below.  Does your code go after end, beginning or in between some of this?  Do I set your var = to my report name without rdl extension?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="MSRS" Namespace="Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI" Assembly="ReportingServicesWebUserInterface" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Report.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportWrapperPage" EnableEventValidation="false" %>

• Edited by db042190 13 hours 1 minutes ago afterthought
August 24th, 2015 2:06pm

thx.  If I have the right file it looks like what u c below.  Does your code go after end, beginning or in between some of this?  Do I set your var = to my report name without rdl extension?

<%@ Register TagPrefix="MSRS" Namespace="Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI" Assembly="ReportingServicesWebUserInterface" %>
<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="Report.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="Microsoft.ReportingServices.UI.ReportWrapperPage" EnableEventValidation="false" %>

• Edited by db042190 Monday, August 24, 2015 6:05 PM afterthought
August 24th, 2015 6:03pm

Hi db042190,

The code posted above is added behind the code you mentioned, the final code in the Report.aspx file should look like below:

The "Popupbox" is a report name of the specific report which exists in report manager. In your scenario, you can replace the "Popupbox" with your specific report name, without .rdl extension.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 24th, 2015 9:52pm

thx, does the server need to be rebooted for this to take effect?
August 25th, 2015 7:39am

Hi db042190,

After adding the code in Report.aspx then saving the file, the code will take effect. You neednt to reboot the server.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 25th, 2015 9:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics