daylight saving Time in Australia
Why would there be any problems? The actual time used by the machines does not change - only the time displayed goes forward an hour where required. All machines everywhere use Universal time internally. As long as the daylight saving setting on each machine is configured correctly, it will show the correct time on Monday (assuming it is showing the right time now).Bill
October 2nd, 2012 2:28am

Hi, Aus daylight saving start on Sunday 7 October 2012. At 2:00am So i got new Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2003 Servers and Windows XP and 7 Computers. Also i got branc office in each state? So how do i make sure all going to be work without any issues? AS
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2012 1:10am

Why would there be any problems? The actual time used by the machines does not change - only the time displayed goes forward an hour where required. All machines everywhere use Universal time internally. As long as the daylight saving setting on each machine is configured correctly, it will show the correct time on Monday (assuming it is showing the right time now).Bill
October 3rd, 2012 2:43am

You may set up universal time (GMT+0 w/o daylight saving) in CMOS/BIOS Real Time clock, and set registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal=dword:00000001, after do it, You must select timezone on computers in each branch as You need.
October 3rd, 2012 3:36am

Hi All, I found few servers having issues with daylight savings ( Melbourne -Australia). 1. Windows 2003 R2 -SP2 server set to automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes in Date/Time But this server not change and when i run the net time it's picking the old time server? C:\Documents and Settings\admin>net time Current time at \\server05.oo.com.au is 15/10/2012 9:17 AM Local time (GMT+11:00) at \\server05.oo.com.au is 15/10/2012 10:17 AM The command completed successfully. All the other servers are set correct time with correct server C:\Users\admin>net time Current time at \\server02 is 15/10/2012 10:18:02 AM The command completed successfully. 2. Windows 2008 R2 servers are in telstra DMZ and they are in workgroup Server tick the daylight saving changes but still 1 hr behind? C:\Users\Administrator>net time Could not locate a time-server. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3912. Found following update is installed KB2633952 ? Appreciate your guidance?
October 14th, 2012 7:34pm

Melbourne/Canberra/Sydney is UTC+10 (AEST) Daylight Savings time (AEDT) is UTC+11 I am in Melbourne and right now it is 19:17 local time (Daylight Savings)Don (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
October 15th, 2012 4:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics