data warehouse monitor initial state data synchronization process failed to write state.

Data Warehouse monitor initial state data synchronization process failed to write state to the Data Warehouse database. Failed to store synchronization process state information in the Data Warehouse database. The operation will be retried.
Exception 'SqlException': Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

One or more workflows were affected by this. 
Workflow name: Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Synchronization.MonitorInitialState

Instance name: Data Warehouse Synchronization Service

Instance ID: {0FFB4A13-67B7-244A-4396-B1E6F3EB96E5}

Management group: SCOM2012R2BIZ

Could you please help me out of the issue?

February 17th, 2015 1:31pm

Hi,

It seems like that you are encountering event 31552, you may check operation manager event logs for more information regarding to this issue.

There can be many causes of getting this 31552 event, such as:

• A sudden flood (or excessive sustained amounts) of data to the warehouse that is causing aggregations to fail moving forward. 
  • The Exchange 2010 MP is imported into an environment with lots of statechanges happening. 
  • Excessively large ManagedEntityProperty tables causing maintenance to fail because it cannot be parsed quickly enough in the time allotted.
  • Too much data in the warehouse staging tables which was not processed due to an issue and is now too much to be processed at one time.

Please go through the links below to get more information about troubleshooting this issue:

The 31552 event, or why is my data warehouse server consuming so much CPU?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/08/30/the-31552-event-or-why-is-my-data-warehouse-server-consuming-so-much-cpu.aspx

FIX: Failed to store data in the Data Warehouse due to a Exception SqlException': Timeout expired.

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 18th, 2015 3:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics