cube functions

I am a beginner with cube functions and have a powerPivot dataset that holds an employee number, some financial information and a company division. I am using the function

= cubeset("powerPivot Data","[financialRecordset].[empNo].children", "Employee Number",3)

I then use the cubeRankedMember to pull through the individual employee numbers into the excel sheet.

However I would like to select just the employees in the dataset  [financialRecordset] where the field [CompanyDivision] = "North"

How and where can I apply some sort of filter

I have a second query too please. Once I pull through the employee numbers I would like to add their names and date of birth alomgside the entries. I have all this information in a separate powerPivot dataset [employees]. I can create cubeMember from the employee numbers I have pulled through but I don't know how to do a lookup to retrieve the nams and date of birth

Any suggestions would be really helpful - thanks

May 30th, 2015 7:07pm

Hi Judith,

This forum is for Developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Excel, your issue is more related with PowerPivot for Excel, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 1st, 2015 2:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics