creating certificate templates using a script
Hello community, I want to create certificate templates using a script. I found the certutil parameter dsaddtemplate Usage: CertUtil [Options] -dsAddTemplate TemplateInfFile Add DS Templates Options: -gmt -- Display times as GMT -seconds -- Display times with seconds and milliseconds -v -- Verbose operation -privatekey -- -dc DCName -- Target a specific Domain Controller Do you have a sample TemplateInfFile, or an article / including all required settings? I'm using a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise CARegards Fabian
June 16th, 2009 4:26pm

Hi, I understand that you would like to use the dsAddTemplate option to create certificate template via script. Because the dsAddTemplate verb can be very dangerous if it is not used correctly. These verbs that modify configuration data could cause problems that persist. Therefore, they are hidden by default. In addition, we do not have any public document describing how to use it. It is always suggested that you use the Certificate Templates snap-in to create certificate template. It should be safer and more convenient. Thank you for your understanding. I understand that you would like to see the sample templateINF file. Just for your reference, you can run the following command to export a template to a file and use NotePad to view its content: certutil -dstemplate <TemplateName> >C:\certtemp.txt
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2009 11:54am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics