create flat files from 5 different views and zip them using SSIS

I have a requirement where I have to extract data from the view and create a flat file...So I have 5 different views, need to create 5 different flat files and drop into a folder. After the files are in the folder, they need to be zipped and sent to another folder location. For this, I have 7zip installed on my servers.

How can I achieve this in SSIS ? Can anyone please elaborate the s

September 1st, 2015 4:36pm

Hi jaguarjags,

To get the files created, create 5 DFTs and reference the views (that are I guess in SQL Server 2005 or newer) as in SSIS: Exporting data to a text file using a package

From there once the files are in the working directory, zip them and move as in http://www.techbrothersit.com/2013/12/ssis-how-to-compress-and-archive-file.html

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 4:50pm

I have a view where the coloumn data is huge, I want that record or row to be populated in one line but when I am extracting the data from view, it is entering into another line and messing the positions. How can I avoid it and make every coloumn to appear only in 1 line each.

When I am extracting, the data is appearing as below :

131450000WALMART0   13S000031925        04/22/14              222.53  30LF
370.89S000031925                    4850480892                                                                     20.99                0.00              201.54I CRLF                                                                               

Instead this should be in 1 complete line.

How can I achieve this ?

September 2nd, 2015 11:28am

I think you only see it as splitting lines because of the editor you use. If there is no CRLF it will be a straight line.
September 2nd, 2015 3:17pm

what do I need to do to correct this ?

The business does not accept the output data in this manner.

September 2nd, 2015 4:38pm

Use a different text editor, there is nothing wrong with the data as you described it.
September 2nd, 2015 9:30pm

use text qualifier as "", this will work and use the text_stream data type in

data conversion  transformation.

September 2nd, 2015 10:50pm

For compression in SSIS check the commercial COZYROC Zip Task. It is very easy to use.
September 6th, 2015 12:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics