crcdisk.sys locking up on first boot
im running an ibm zSeries 335 running the basic server 2008 the server stays on the boot screen for too long and when booted to safe mode it and it locked up on crcdisk any one else encounter this problem or find a solution?
September 7th, 2007 5:31am

This problem has been seen if you expand or shrink the disk using disk manager. (ntfsresize) If this is the case - you can go into safe mode and resize it. I have also heard of slow booting if it was installed on the wrong partition. either way - If this is just a beta buid, I would format and reinstall. Trust this helps, Ward
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2007 8:53pm

I have the same problem, i have a IBM eServer xSeries 334 with 2 38 GB SCSI hdd in non RAID config. On first boot it stays on the loading screen for 24 hours (or more, i shut it down) I installed on the primary drive and it also gets stuck on safe mode (don't remeber what it exactly got stuck on). I am trying to install the RC verison of Server 2008. ADTU Enterprises
October 22nd, 2007 8:57am

That was exactly my problem too. I've just recoved from the partition problem. Check my post at http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2442925&SiteID=17&mode=1
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2007 1:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics