cpu usage
Hello I have a 2003 server, sometimes the CPU go up to 100% and i canno't acces to the server What would be the best to view which processus is upseting my server I try to use the sysinternal process explorer, by i cannot log the informations thanks
October 29th, 2012 12:38pm

Windows 2003 - How do I review cpu usage at the end of the day? http://serverfault.com/questions/49045/windows-2003-how-do-i-review-cpu-usage-at-the-end-of-the-dayThanks !
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 29th, 2012 1:56pm

perfmon is the best tool to measure this. below is an action plan that will help you nail the problem. login to the server with admin credentials. 1. start - run - perfmon 2. Expand Performance logs and alerts. Click and highlight Counter Logs 3. Right click on Counter Logs and choose New Log Settings 4. Type in a name for the log and click OK 5. Click on the button that reads Add Objects in the following window 7. Choose the following Objects a) Process b) Processor 8. Click on the Close button after adding all the objects. 9. Choose interval as 30 seconds 10 Click on the Log Files tab across the top of the Window 11.Choose Binary Circular File in the drop down menu. Click on the Configure Button. Set the maximum limit of 250 MB. Also choose appropriate location to save the log file ensuring that there is enough free space. 12.Click on the Schedule tab and choose Manually option under Start Log 13.Now right click on the log that you created and choose Start to start logging information. let the log run for a couple of hours so that we ensure that the issue has been captured. stop the logging and go to the location where the logs was created.. by default this is c:\perflogs. to load the log file open perfmon and right click anywhere in the graph and go to properties in the "Source" tab select log files and load the file. you will not see anything in the graph right now... right click again and add counters for process and all instances. go through all the processes manually to check the processor utilization. let me know if this helps. regards, paras pant
October 29th, 2012 3:00pm

thanks but i have a error when i wanted to install the software on the server (it is in france so it has french version of windows
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 31st, 2012 1:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics