copying files error message
i am geeting this error on windows 2003 file server. when i try to copy one of the files in the server. it is not in all the files just one in particular. the message is: Cannot copy gazspending:access denied make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use. does anyone have an idea on how to solve. thank you
January 5th, 2011 10:50am

Hi, If this happens on a part of files, first you will need to find out one file as an example, then check the permission settings to see if your current account do have permission to copy the file. You can try to add Everyone as Full Control as a test. Then please check if the file is in use. You can try the following tool to help on this: Handle.exe http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896655Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 6th, 2011 1:05am

Hi, If this happens on a part of files, first you will need to find out one file as an example, then check the permission settings to see if your current account do have permission to copy the file. You can try to add Everyone as Full Control as a test. Then please check if the file is in use. You can try the following tool to help on this: Handle.exe http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896655 Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 6th, 2011 9:00am

How are thing going? If there is anything we can help please just let us know.Shaon Shan |TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 10th, 2011 9:35pm

i reset all the permissions and then added them. everything works perfectly now. i reset as well the sharing of the folder. thank you
January 11th, 2011 8:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics