connecting to internet from Virtual PC
I have installed Virtual PC on my laptop and installed windows server 2003 on this Virtual PC.Now when I am trying to connect to internet from the virtual PC, I am getting error message"Internet explorer could not open search page"When I check network connection in Virtual PC , I see message "Windows can not find any networks"How can I connect to internet from Virtual PC ?How can I bind the network connection of my laptop with the Virtual PC ? I was able to connect to internet from Virtual PC when I installed it for the first time. I dont remember what I did after that. Now I am getting these message, so what shall I do ?thanks reply
April 6th, 2010 9:01am

HI Please go to settings and make sure that the type of network card is external not internal after that make sure that the server receive IP from DHCP server in the same range Note: please don’t install DHCP service in VM that connected to your network if you need to install DHCP service on that server please use internal network card only
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 6th, 2010 11:06am

Hi I think problem is related to VM network card.... Please check the network settings on the VM from VM client. For more details http://www.vmware.com/support/gsx3/doc/network_change_add_gsx.html Regards Rajesh J S
April 6th, 2010 11:13am

Hi, According to the description, the issue seems to be related to Virtual PC. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for Virtual PC, it is recommend you to get further support in the corresponding community so that you can get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thanks for your understanding. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. Discussions in Virtual PC http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.virtualpc&cat=en_US_4596fe15-89c0-4fa3-9c96-22b2f0d124ca&lang=en&cr=US Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 6th, 2010 12:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics