connecting network drives from XP to 2k8????
hi there this is my scenario: 2 brand new IBM servers, using server 2k8 32 bit enterprise 3 xp client machines In the servers, i did a couple of shared folders, and connect to them using a network drive from the XP client computers. Everytime they reboot-shutdown-logoff, the mapped drives won't reconnect by itself, so users needs to double click over the network drive -> username and password box appear (server admin username and password) -> done The problem is that users can't be doing those steps, i need to automatically reconnect it Troubleshooting done: I check and double check the network and sharing center, shared and unshared the folders. Create a brand new temp profile in the client machine, same result reboot :D **Interesting fact** Servers admin username is Administrator, so i create an account in the client computers called, administrators, and the drives connect by itself....not sure what this means????? NO DOMAIN....too few computers to create a domain, everything is done using a workgroup Please....I beg for help.... thks to all
February 11th, 2012 8:32pm

Yes, in a workgroup that's the way you'll need to do it. Make all part of same workgroup and create identical account on all using same password that you use to logon to clients with. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2012 8:45pm

Hello, as Dave Patrick said that's the way to handle it. For the username/password handling you may also read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/102716Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
February 12th, 2012 1:30pm

thanks guys, I'll try it on monday...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2012 3:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics