conflicts on a single table

I am having a conflict issue on just one table out of 37 table articles

The database is for Food recipes I have 3 users making changes, they each have their own menus so they should not work on anyone else's dishes [tblRecipe] but they do need to be able to copy and view other users dishes.
Each dish is in a menu and a dish type and has 2 child tables one for ingredients and one to methods

The problem: is in [tblRecipe]
When a user makes changes to one of their dishes and synchronises a conflict is thrown, even when no one else has synchronised, they will also get conflicts for other users dish changes even though they have not made any changes to the other users dishes.
It trust my users when they say they have not changed other users data

The database is sqlserver 2005 it is merge replication
the publisher is set to win
37 table articles mostly bidirectional
there is no row filtering
I have scripted the publication and as far as I can see all bidirectional articles have the same properties.

I would be gratefull if someone can give me some pointers to a solution or some things I can try

January 20th, 2014 4:17pm

Diagnosing these conflicts are difficult. What column is involved in the conflict? You will likley need to use audit triggers to diagnose what process is causing this.

Here is an example of such triggers

http://www.sqlrepl.com/sql-server/auditing-changes-in-merge-replication/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2014 4:20pm

thank you for your reply

the columns are basically the fields I would expect the user to be changing, name, description etc

I will have a look at the link and report back

thanks again

January 20th, 2014 4:26pm

Thanks

I will leave it, but the problem is not resolved yet, unfortunately, my users are not infrequent synchronisers and I have got gathered enough information to make a decision but I am sure I will, and when I do, I will post the conclusion here

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 4th, 2014 1:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics