configuring RMS to protect PDF files
hi there i want to use RMS to protect PDF files , what do i need to acomplish that ?thanks
January 25th, 2010 4:48pm

any help please , im facing the same issue thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2010 8:39am

I'd like some more info on this as well. Have you seen the liquid machines product? It looks like they extend the RMS services beyond Microsoft. Would be nice to find a free way to do it of course.
February 12th, 2010 7:30pm

Hi ADRMS works with microsoft office products and also with exchange , for working with pdf or any other propritary file types , the vendors should use the windows sdk and develop the software which will protect the file type.in your case adobe should use the sdk to protect pdf file types.
February 23rd, 2010 12:32pm

Hi, GigaTrust, www.gigatrust.com, has a client add-in to Windows desktop that RM enables Adobe Reader/Acrobate to work "natively" with RM protected PDF file types. If you are interested in trying out, you can contact me - natalla@gigatrust.com Thanks - Nick
June 6th, 2010 9:51pm

Sainath, It is highly unlikely that Adobe will adopt RMS since they have a competing technology with Microsoft RMS. The best solution is that 3rd parties, such as GigaTrust, do the work to RM enable non-Office applications. This will help to secure RMS as the industry standard information rights management solution which is a more likely scenario. - Nick
June 6th, 2010 9:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics