configuration and optimisation and functional network access
Hey Everyonethanks for the recent emails about the maintenance plan for windows server 2008 now i need to know this if this is ok:) thanksfor a functional windows 2008 standrd edtion how do i configure and optimise this to a like a network of 9 computers?also 2 of these pc's will have microsoft office 2007 on them so i need these 2 also to be configured to suite my clients and have them with functioning network access to server 2008 standrad edition. how can i do all this please:)thankskoala77
May 8th, 2009 7:28am

hi koala, You mean to sayyou have 9 clients and you are looking to network them ? along with windows 2008 standard edition ?if so step 1 : bring a hardware switch with 40 ports for small subnet and connect the clients using cat5 cable step 2 : you can use private Ip address range such as 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x which are used internally to a subnet. step 3 : you can either configure the aboev ip addresses as static or configure a DHCP server on windows 2008 server and assign these ip address to the clients automatically which will reduce you to configure the ipaddress on 9 clients manually.step4 : for name resolution you need to configure the dns server on windows 2008 server. if the above steps are what you are looking for , please respond so that we can point you to appropriate links to configure the same.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 8th, 2009 10:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics