computers on network loosing internet connection
I have a windows server 2003 STD with client machines connected to it. My problem is they loose connection to the internet but the firewall is still connected to the internet and working fine, there are no drop outs to the ISP. All machines point to the firewall for their internet connection when they drop out I have to reboot the firewall and they connect again for a while then loose connection again and so the process goes.
June 25th, 2012 9:56pm

Hello, I suggest you do below steps once. Check firewall configuration and ports status once.Check your packet loss from internal network to firewall (for example DC to firewall device) using Tracert/ping.Have you set proper DNS configuration settings or do we have any name resolution issues, check this too?Are you using any SW like MS ISA server or non-Microsoft tool for providing internet to clients? If so check MS ISA server configuration settings.or else if you use HW firewall device itself as internet provider, check whether you have proper configuration settings or not? Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2012 10:26pm

Hi I have a modem in bridged mode and use smoothwall advanced firewall it remains connected to the internet and there are no dropouts to the ISP. The problem seems to be with the local machines loosing connection to the outside as I can still connect to all drives from the server just not internet.
June 25th, 2012 10:40pm

HI I have checked packet loss and I loose connection every now and then. When it looses connection the only way to get it back is to reboot the firewall. Yes the DNS maybe an issue,k should it point to an external point or internet. Not to sure how to set this up.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2012 11:00pm

Hello, is the server configured as Domain controller and DNS server? If yes, you have to configure the FORWARDERS in the DNS management console to the ISPs DNS server and set on ALL domain machines ONLY the domain DNS server. So please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the server and a client with problems.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
June 26th, 2012 2:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics