close internet access to a user
I have windows server 2003. netasq f60 firewall. One server and thin clients and some PCs. I want to prevent one user from accessing to internet. How can i do it?
March 18th, 2010 2:41pm

Hi, You can implement 802.1x: 802.1X Authenticated Wired and Wireless Access http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730878(WS.10).aspx The 802.1X authentication for 802.3 wired Ethernet and 802.11 wireless connections prevents unauthenticated and unauthorized users and computers from connecting to your network. Hope it helps. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2010 11:21am

I'll give it a look, thank you.
March 24th, 2010 8:18pm

Our users connects to internet with thin clients. There's a terminal server. Windows Server 2003 Standart, active directory. Can we choose which users can connect to internet, at the times we choose, the websites we choose. We want to choose which users will use which software. We want to open ports for some users. We have a firewall and we try to add licenses. We hope to solve some of our problems with that. Which is the answer to our problem? We inqurired about antivirus solutions and think of sophos endpoint security and bitdefender corporate edition. Has anyone used them? We'll download trials and look what we can do with them. Is the solution ISA server. Can it help us about the internet connection part? There're a lot of models of Isa Server, 1000$ or 7000$, which will suit us more? I asked a lot of questions, sorry but i need answers. I got stuck with this problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2010 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics