class not registered error
We have a Windows2003 DC with AD. I have an application server, also a Windows2003 which is a members of the Domain. However when I need to allow an AD user access to an application running on the App Server, I get a 'class not registered' error when attempting to find and add that user access to the application although that person is a member of AD. Ideas?
July 14th, 2009 6:29pm

hi there,can you tell us how are you adding the user account to the application , which means does your application runs as a service ?are you getting any dcom error ?i would also like to know if your application uses IISsainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2009 8:15pm

Thank you for your assistance. I can presently only add local users to applications. However this presents problems when AD users log into their respective PC with their domain logins and have need to utilize the application running on this Windows 2003 Standard Server. I am also running a license manager on this server which controls certain application logins. No dcom errors. Yes I do have one application using IIS.
July 15th, 2009 1:11am

Hi Larmire,What is the detailed error message you can see the issue occurs? Could you please check if there is any Event ID error in the event viewer of that application? if possible, please take screenshot of the error and send to us via tfwst@microsoft.comThanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
July 16th, 2009 9:30am

hi Larmine, are you still seeing the issue ?, if so please do let us know so that we can work on the issue and try to resolve it ASAP.sainath !analyze
September 7th, 2009 4:46am

Yes, the problem still persist. It is almost as if the Server was no longer in the Domain. Perhaps re-registering the server into the domain might help the problem? The specific error is, when trying to select a user from within the domain upon clicking on the 'advanced' option, the error message reading "The advanced page cannot be opened because of the following error: Class not registered" the only option is to close the window. At that point I have to create that user locally on the server and then add that user to the application.Hopes this helps.Lar
September 9th, 2009 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics