chkdsk - no status update
I have RAID 0 on my windows 7, 64bit machine, with two 1tb drives. when raid was set up, i had two volumes, C and F. used Acronis disk director 11 to delete the F volume, which had nothing on it, and then attempted to increase the size of C, to use up the remainder of the space. when i went to "commit" to have the changes made, disk director said there was an error on the disk, and to run a disk error checker. went through process to run chkdsk, upon next start up. machine restarted, and chkdsk began. got the message "checking file system c:"....."the disk check has been scheduled." the screen now sits in that same spot, i have no idea if progress is being made. that was about 26hrs ago when it started. I checked both boxes when running chkdsk. wondering if I should let it run, or hard reset and try something else......please help
November 25th, 2010 11:27am

Hello, for me this belongs to Acronis as you use there software and now you have questions/errors, so please use there support about this. Within Windows a disk check that is scheduled requires a reboot to start. But i have no idea about the way Acronis will handle it.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2010 11:45am

hi , There are 2 components here a) Acronis b) the disk when you hit commit , who is throwing up error ? is that Acronis or is that from disk ? if its acronis then , s/w is unable to resize the disk geometry which means applicaiton is unable to call devext-> diskgeometry.bytespersector to specific value
November 25th, 2010 11:45pm

Hi, Please refer to the following article for how to launch Command Prompt in WinRE and run the CHKDSK commands there. What are the system recovery options in Windows 7? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7 If CHKDSK finds no error, you need to contact Acronis Support for more information about the commit. According to the problem description, the operating system is Windows 7. The best resource for Windows 7 issue is Windows 7 IT Pro forum. You may submit a new question there for further assistance. Windows 7 IT Pro forum http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 26th, 2010 12:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics