cascade parameter gets cleared out after clicking on preview button in browser but its working fine in project solution preview button

hi,

i have designed the SSRS report and using the cascade parameters which having mdx as a source. Suppose the parameter A called 'Company' and paramter B called 'Group'. The Group parameter gets filter according to selected Company. Cascade parameter working perfectly in project solution preview but after deployment on site the Group parameter gets cleared after click on 'Report Preview' button. Please the image of my SSRS report given as below.

i am waiting for your help.

Thank you.

June 24th, 2015 2:03pm

Hi Swati,

According to your description, when clicking the View Report button on Report Manager, the cascading parameter is cleared, right?

In your scenario, after selecting the parameters and clicking the View Report button, is the report data rendered and filtered properly? If the report is rendered properly and only the cascade parameter is cleared. Please redeploy the report. If the cascade parameter is cleared and not data is displayed in report, you need to check the cascading parameter. Make sure the default value is an available value. Also check if theres any changes in source tables. Execute the query you specified for cascading parameter in data source with the some specific available values in parent parameter to see if it can return correct records.

Regards,
Shrek Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 11:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics