cannot run cmd-file with admin rights with a policy in Windows7
When I start a VDI-computer, I want to synchronize one folder. I try that with a policy with the following steps: 1. Start Script in the policy by: User Configuration\Windows settings\scripts\logon\ 2. The name of the file is Sync.vbs. In that file I use a “runas” command with an account that have local admin-rights. I want to run a CMD-file 3. In the event logs, there is a Message: Source: WMI EventID: 63 Level: Warning A provider, PolicyAgentInstanceProvider, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace ROOT\ccm\policy\S_1_5_21_1644491937_963894560_1417001333_34752 to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. The CMD-file is not running. If I run that VBS-script not in a policy it works fine. Also in WindowXP it’s not a problem. Can someone tell me what I can do to fix that problem?
June 16th, 2011 1:00pm

Hi, Can you run the script Sync.vbs on a VDI-computer? Please confirm it. I noticed that you said “The CMD-file is not running”, any more symptom? Does the GPO apply on the VDI computer? As it works fine on the Windows XP clients, the issue also can be caused due to the VDI side, if so, you need to involve the VMWare support to get the issue resolved more efficiently. How about normal Windows 7 clients? Please go through the following links first: Optimizing Group Policy in Virtual Desktop (VDI) Environments http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2011/WCL309 Event ID 63 — WMI Provider Hosting http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775090(WS.10).aspx Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 12:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics