cannot logon to server
Hello. I cannot logon to my server after I changed the domain name. I am running Windows Server 2008 Standard. I only use a small set of passwords and am very sure I didnt change to anything new; however once I physically joined the server to the network, all passwords became invalid. I cannot log in to Windows as an Administrator on either the dlomain or the computer itself. I've tried rebooting to no aail and I cant seem to get the USB flash drive to load as a password reset disk. Any ideas? Thanks.
January 26th, 2010 1:22am

Hi bmanicincy75,"I cannot logon to my server after I changed the domain name" have you joined your server to new domain ? or created a new domain ?You should be able to login as local administrator ?Can you create a new AD user and try logging in ? what is the error message you receive when you enter the user name ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2010 5:02am

Hi Sainath, Thanks for your reply. I had initially created a domain on the server but had to change it. Since then I cannot login to Windows using any user name. There is no error message just the normal "Invalid username or password" message. I'm a bit new to this so forgive me. I haven't created an AD user. Is there a way to do that without logging in to Windows? Brian
January 26th, 2010 5:16pm

Hi Sainath,. I had initially created a domain on the server but had to change it. Brian Hi Brian,Have you changed your server to another domain ?, or demoted the domain to workgroup ?, You can only login to domain with another domain account provided your windows 2008 is added to domain, if not there is not way that you can login with other domain user .So you need to try local administrator account . Please let me if local administrator password is failing along with any other user accounts.In windows 2000 i used an utility called cusrmgr to reset the passwords, i dont know if it would work with windows 2008 for you scenario.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2010 9:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics