cannot import csv tables into a sql server 2014 database

hi. trying to import a table into sql server developer 2014. went with the 64 bit import and export wizard, as the 32 bit would not let me set a connection string. and my lectuer said to create a access database, so i imported the tables, set it up. and did save it as .mdb. but when i tried to import into sql management studio, says the format is unreconginizeable. have got the two tables, schemr set up in sql management studio. can any one help me, is there an easier way or more accessible screen reader tools to allow me to import .csv files into sql management studio. will paste the errors below. can any one help. totally frustrated. marvin. ps: either i am doing some thing wrong or stupid, or it is not liking it for some reason. frustrated. tried googling the errors, but could not seem to find an answer. frustrated! need this for an assignment. not to do it for me, but a solution to help me out. marvin. ps:: the results screen, cannot seem to click on the links, with my screen reader, and when i try, it does not go to that, so totally frustrated and getting annoyed. will paste below.

Operation stopped...

- Initializing Data Flow Task (Success)

- Initializing Connections (Success)

- Setting SQL Command (Success)

- Setting Source Connection (Success)

- Setting Destination Connection (Success)

- Validating (Error)
Error 0xc020201b: Data Flow Task 1: The number of input columns for Destination - StockPrices.Inputs[Destination Input] cannot be zero.
 (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc004706b: Data Flow Task 1: "Destination - StockPrices" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN".

Error 0xc004700c: Data Flow Task 1: One or more component failed validation.

Error 0xc0024107: Data Flow Task 1: There were errors during task validation.

- Prepare for Execute (Stopped)

- Pre-execute (Stopped)

- Executing (Success)

- Copying to [dbo].[StockPrices] (Stopped)

- Copying to [dbo].[OrderDetails] (Stopped)

- Post-execute (Stopped)

July 22nd, 2015 10:49am

so your source is csv? Which provider is it that you use? Is the provider 32 bit or 64 bit?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2015 11:23am

hi. it is 64 bit, as i have a 64 bit processor.
July 22nd, 2015 11:28am

Hi Marvin,

According to your description, you are importing CSV files to existing table in SQL Server, right? If so, please make sure that you have mapped the columns between the source file and destination table in the Column Mappings dialog box. There is an example as follows.

For more details about column mapping, please review the following article.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189660%28v=sql.120%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

There is also a similar thread for your reference.
https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/4f8f6264-5f00-4070-aa59-65d08ad51d28/export-wizard-column-mappings-destination-excel-columns-not-showing?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2015 12:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics