cannot access internet
Hi-- I have just transferred our network from one domain to the other. After joining the Domain, i can no longer access the internet. Our server is SQL 2003, and our workstations our XP Pro. The server is configured with a private IP. 192.168.0.166. I put that number in the "Use this DNS server" option under the TCP/IP configuration of the workstations. AM i doing something wrong?
August 1st, 2009 1:40am

Also, It does say I am connected. We have a program we run that requires an internet connection, and i can run that fine Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 1st, 2009 1:42am

Hello,what did you mean with transfer from one domain to the other, did you use ADMT?Any changes in the ip addressing done? Is the server domain controller also and DNS server?Please post an unedited ipconfig /all from the server and a XP machine.Your server has SQL 2003 installed and which server version, Server 2003 i assume?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
August 3rd, 2009 1:23am

Hi Customer, Thanks for posting here. You mentioned Also, It does say I am connected. We have a program we run that requires an internet connection, and i can run that fine It illustrates your workstations internet physical connection is OK. Most likely it is caused by your DNS server 192.168.0.166. Please check the DNS servers forwarder setting by the steps: 1. Click Start, Point to Administrative Tools, and then click DNS. 2. Right-click ServerName, where ServerName is the name of the server, and then click the Forwarder tab. 3. Click All other DNS domains. 4. In the Selected domains forwarder IP address box, type the IP address of the ISP DNS server to which you want to forward, and then click Add. 5. Repeat step 4 to add the DNS servers to which you want to forward. 6. Click OK. For more information, click the following article to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to configure DNS for Internet access in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/323380 How to troubleshoot DNS name resolution on the Internet in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816567/ Wilson Jia - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 4th, 2009 12:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics