can i add more then 26 drive letters !!
we are using lot of shared folders, and going out of driver letters, can i modify the drive list and add more drivers like AA or BB ? if yes how can i do it if no what is the alternative way to add more shared folders thanks
February 24th, 2010 5:05pm

Hello,use shortcuts placed/copied to the users desktop instead. Insert for the shortcut path \\servername\sharenameBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2010 5:46pm

Hello, use shortcuts placed/copied to the users desktop instead. Insert for the shortcut path \\servername\sharename Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Can you give more details .. sorry i don't understand this is alternative way, this mean i can't add or modify the letter list ..
February 24th, 2010 6:05pm

Hello, use shortcuts placed/copied to the users desktop instead. Insert for the shortcut path \\servername\sharename Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Can you give more details .. sorry i don't understand this is alternative way, this mean i can't add or modify the letter list? right ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2010 6:05pm

Hello,more then 26 drive letters aren't possible AFAIK. If you use Windows server 2008 and higher as server OS you can use Group policy preferences to add shortcuts to workstations that are at least Windows XP and have Client side extensions installed.If earlier OS versions are used, a logon script can be used to copy the shortcut to the users desktop.Also you maybe should rethink your data management. Better choose one root folder that is shared and inside configure with security groups and NTFS permissions the access to the included folders. This prevents you form using that amount of shares.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
February 24th, 2010 6:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics