can't connect to added IP from outside network
I am sorry if I am in wrong forum.we have Server 2008 R2 web server edition and we have multiple IP4 address attached to it, this afternoon i have added one more IP address, now I am trying to ping from out side, I can't ping that address, but I can ping all other address. I have setup website to this new address but, I can get to it from out side, if I am testing it on same hosting machine it work fine, I check other firewall ules but they fine since i can surf all other wes site on same machine from outside network. can some help to resolve it. thanks you.
November 23rd, 2011 2:56pm

Hi, Thank you for your post. 1. Website using HTTP and ping using ICMP, so sometimes website test ok but failed with ping 2. DNS service resolve website DNS name to IP, please ping your website name and verify if it response with correct ip address 3. If the DNS resolve the correct ip, run "tracert ipaddress" for the new ip and one old ip, contrast the results and find it stop at which hop ip, check the hop ip device settings If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 24th, 2011 2:19am

Hi, Thank you for your post. 1. Website using HTTP and ping using ICMP, so sometimes website test ok but failed with ping 2. DNS service resolve website DNS name to IP, please ping your website name and verify if it response with correct ip address 3. If the DNS resolve the correct ip, run "tracert ipaddress" for the new ip and one old ip, contrast the results and find it stop at which hop ip, check the hop ip device settings If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
November 24th, 2011 10:10am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, and I will be happy to help. Regards, Rick Tan Forum Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 28th, 2011 11:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics